Are you looking for how to color eggs with rice? Or maybe you are just trying to find a new and fun way color eggs.
Anything to do with rice is always fun around here. So, I knew that when I saw this, we were going to give it a shot. And, it did not disappoint!
The kids loved watching the rice change colors and then shaking to transfer the color to the egg. It also makes some beautiful rice to use for sensory play for later.
Before I dive into how to color eggs with rice, I do want to mention that creating this recipe does require adult supervision.
To color eggs with rice, you will need just a few ingredients and supplies:
- Hard Boiled Egg
- White Rice, uncooked
- Food Coloring (we used McCormick liquid food coloring)
- Sandwich Baggies or Tupperware
- Measuring Cup
After you have gathered the ingredients, it is now time to get to coloring!
Step 1: Add egg to vinegar.
Step 2: Place rice in baggie or Tupperware (we used about 1/4 cup)
Step 3: Add 4-5 drops of food coloring to the baggie or Tupperware.
Step 4: Shake the rice until desired color is reached.
Step 5: Add egg to baggie or Tupperware and shake.
Step 6: Remove egg, place somewhere to dry and admire! 😉
Rice Colored Eggs
- Sandwich Baggies or Tupperware (one needed for each color)
- Gloves, if desired
- 1/4 Measuring Cup
- Cup or bowl to place egg in vinegar
- 1/4 c White Rice, uncooked
- 4-5 drops Food Coloring, of choice Add as much, as desired
- Hard Boiled Eggs per baggie/Tupperware
- Add egg to vinegar.
- Add rice to baggie or Tupperware
- Add 4-5 drops of food coloring to rice. For richer colors, use generous amount of drops.
- Shake the baggie or Tupperware until the color has been mixed well.
- Add egg to baggie or Tupperware and shake until color has been nicely transferred to egg.
- Remove from baggie or Tupperware and place somewhere to dry.